Pasta with Oyster Mushrooms and Vegetables.
Chopping and cooking time approximately 1 hour.
1 medium broccoli
1 shallot onion
A handful of sugar snap peas
1 large box of Adam’s Mushrooms’ oyster mushrooms (approximately 12oz)
3-4 cloves of garlic
A dollop of butter
¼ cup of oil
3/4 cup of white wine
1 cup Half and Half
Salt, pepper and any other herbs you like.
Grated parmesan cheese
We like to stock our fridge with a variety of vegetables and then use what we have, any vegetables in this recipe can be substituted. I look forward to trying it with asparagus, zucchini and romanesco.
I like to begin by taking out all of the ingredients that I need. Then I put the water on for the pasta, we chose fresh garlic and chives fettucini, after you have chosen yours, make sure to follow the instructions.
1. Wash and chop up all of you vegetables. Cut off the bottom of the oyster mushrooms and slice them up.
2. In a large pan (cast iron if you have) melt the butter and a bit of the oil, turn the heat all the way up and start by adding the mushrooms. Fry them for about 10 min. – until golden.
3. Turn the heat to medium. Add the onions, salt and pepper and cook for about 3 min.
4. If using dry pasta put it in the boiling water now.
5. Then add the carrot, broccoli and thyme, turn it around on the pan, add the rest of the oil if needed.
6. Pour over the white wine and cover with a lid for 5 min. This will help soften the broccoli and carrots and they will soak in the wine. Check on them to make sure they don’t get soggy.
7. If using fresh pasta put it in the boiling water now, with a bit of salt.
8. Squeeze the garlic cloves onto the pan and add the sugar snap peas.
9. Turn heat to low.
10. Add 1 cup of Half and Half, stir it around. Taste to make sure it has enough flavor.
11. Sprinkle on a bit of grated parmesan cheese.
12. Drain your pasta, put it back in the pot, pour olive oil on and stir it around. 13. Add more Half and Half if needed. 14. Pour your sauce over the pasta. Stir it together and serve!
Written by Astrid DeLeo