Shiitake and Oyster Mushroom Pizza
I love pizza, for many reasons! Bread and cheese is simply a delicious combination, oregano and basil are two of my favorite herbs, many options for toppings, it’s easy and fun to make and most of all, it’s a great meal to share with friends and family. Feel free to change any of the toppings, I chose this particular combination because we found it easy to make and the flavors were complimentary and satisfying.
Pizza dough: Bobby Flay’s on Food Network
or fathead-movie.com for a low carb/gluten free option.
Toppings: Serves: 4-6 people
12oz of mushrooms (shiitake, oyster or mixed) Prep: 30 min.
1 small tin of tomato pure Inactive: 1 hour
1 cup of sweet corn Cooking: 15 min.
8 slices of prosciutto
2-3 cups of grated mozzarella
1. Make your chosen pizza dough, I have tried the first recipe 3 times and been happy with it.
2. While it is rising, take the sweet corn out of the freezer and let it defrost. Wash your basil leaves. Chop up the shiitake and oyster mushrooms.
3. Once the dough is ready, preheat your oven to 450 ° F.
4. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin, get it as thin as possible, I then transfer it to a piece of parchment paper, place it in my oven pan and and push it out to the edges as much as possible.
5. Brush the dough with olive oil.
6. Scoop the tomato pure out of the tin with a spoon and spread it evenly.
7. Sprinkle lots of dried oregano and a bit of salt over the tomato pure.
8. Sprinkle on most of the grated mozzarella.
9. Add the prosciutto, mushrooms, sweet corn and fresh basil.
10. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
11. Cook for approximately 15 minutes (keep an eye on it).
12. Let it rest for 5 minutes, slice it up and enjoy!